The free teleconference is Tuesday, April 19, 2011, from 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. PDT (6:00 - 7:00 p.m. CDT; 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. EDT).
Diane Flynn Keith is the well-known author of Carschooling, as well as the Editor-in-Chief of Homefires.com.
Wes Beach is the director of Beach High School, the Teen Advisor for Gifted Homeschoolers Forum, and author of Opportunities After 'High School': Thoughts, Documents, Resources.
This interview and discussion will explore:
- The legal alternatives to conventional high school
- Charter school and private school options
- How to skip the required academics of high school
- Alternatives for getting a high school diploma
- The GED and the CHSPE
- Attending community college
- How high school leavers get into a 4-year college or university
- Opportunities beyond schooling
The live teleconference is free, but availability is limited. Advance registration is required. Go to http://www.homefires.com/teleconference/beach.asp for more information.
This event is designed for a diverse, all-inclusive, non-sectarian audience.
Recordings of this event will be accessible for a small fee. Information on how to download and listen to the call will be sent to you within a few days after each call.
If you have any questions about alternative high school opportunities in California, this is the teleconference for you!
Article by Sarah J. Wilson